EXCEL CLINICAL RESEARCH LLC
Information Collection and UseExcel may collect information that identifies you (“Personal Information”) when you use the Excel Service, including when (i) you access and use our website or send us information through the website, by email or by text message (ii) you speak with any of our representatives over the phone or (iii) you provide information in writing, whether by providing us a consent form or other application on our website, by email, mail, text message or in-person. The types of Personal Information that we may collect and our use of that Personal Information includes:
- information that you provide to us when you register via our website, by email or mail or in-person at our site;
- information that you provide to us to enroll for a study or clinical trial, such as your name, location, address, phone number, historical information, demographic information and email address, provided that we may request medical information via a questionnaire to learn whether you satisfy the criteria for a particular trial, and if you meet such criteria for the trial, and grant us explicit permission to do so, your information will be forwarded to third-party providers, including investigators, who will be subject to strict disclosure laws related to your Personal Information;
- information that you provide to us if you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, rewards program, or other promotion;
- information that you provide if you use the Excel Service to upload, share, or communicate any content or information, including photos, images, videos, text, social network accounts, or other Personal Information that you may include about yourself or others;
- information that you publicly post via links to social media networks, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we, or others, may share or use in accordance with the law;
- iinformation that you provide if you email, call, text message, contact or communicate with us or our third-party service providers for customer support or other communications, including, without limitation, records and copies of correspondence, responses to surveys for research purposes;
- information from and about the devices you use to access our Excel Service, including attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names, types, battery and signal strength, device identifiers, device locations, specific geographic locations (such as GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi signals), connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language, time zone, mobile phone number and IP address;
- information from your opt-out requests, where if you send a request, call us or use our website to opt out of receiving information or being contacted, we will retain and use some of your information to avoid further contact with you or to the extent it has been previously incorporated in anonymized data and as necessary for us to meet legal requirements and defend claims against us;
- information to enhance our ability to provide you with the Excel Service, whereby we may combine your Personal Information with aggregated data about groups of people in similar circumstances;
- information from you to enroll in a newsletter or other publication focused on specific medical conditions you may want to receive;
- information from referral sources, whereby if you provide your friend’s name and email address, we will automatically send one-time communications inviting him or her to visit our site, and provided that your friend agrees to and accepts this Agreement; and
- information from you from when you enroll in a clinical trial or study, and expressly consent to receiving study information and messages, and we provide you with appointment reminders, study instructions and other important study-related information, provided that we may exchange relevant health information with the study doctor and/or staff to provide the Excel Service.
Methods we may use to collect informationWe may use one or more of the following tracking technologies, and similar future tracking technologies, to automatically collect information: cookies, local shared objects, web beacons, unique telephone numbers, general log information and referral information from third-party services.
- “Web Beacons,” also known as an Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFS or clear GIFs, link web pages to web servers and their cookies. Web Beacons can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the content, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the content was viewed.
- “Local Shared Objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit.
Disclosure of Your Identity
- We may disclose any information, including, without limitation, Personal Information that we deem necessary, in our sole discretion and without your prior permission, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may exchange information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, with other companies and organizations to protect the rights, property, or safety of Excel and its affiliates, personnel, users, third parties, or others. If we receive a subpoena by a third party that is not a governmental agency (for example, a subpoena in connection with civil litigation), we will contact the user whose identity has been requested. We will wait 10 days after notifying the user before complying with the subpoena, unless the subpoena requires us to disclose this information before then. If we cannot wait 10 days because of the deadline in the subpoena, we will let the user know the deadline included in the subpoena when we provide notice that we received it.
- Our authorized personnel may have access to your personal information. Our employees, agents, contractors or other authorized personnel may have access to user information as necessary in the normal course of our business. Any such parties with access to Personal Information are bound by confidentiality agreements and statutory requirements under applicable law.
Children Under the Age of 13The Excel Service is not intended for children or directed at any individual under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or knowingly solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow people under the age of 13 to register for the Excel Service. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]. .
Opt OutWe provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information.
- Choice. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- you may correct, update and delete your account information, as described below;
- you may change your choices for newsletters;
- you may choose whether or not to receive offers from us; and
- you may choose whether you received targeted advertising from us or our partners.
- How to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Excel Service to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Excel Service may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address and other contact information to promote our own or third parties' services or Excel Service, you can opt-out by providing us notice at [email protected] or by calling us at the number provided below.
- Communications. If you do not want us to send you e-mails or otherwise contact you, you can always opt-out of communications by following the instructions we provide to you when we contact you or by e-mailing us at excelresearchclinic.com domain emails (like [email protected]). We may, however, send certain functional or administrative e-mails which pertain to the Excel Service on a regular basis that you may not (have) opted-out of.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If you have an account on the Excel Service, you can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by emailing us at [email protected]. For other Personal Information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including requesting that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
Excel Clinical Research LLC
3059 South Maryland Parkway, Suite 202
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109